Open 'til 5:30pm 1 Agent Available Now

Trucking Insurance

A Tractor Bob-tailing down I-95


Full Name: Trucking Insurance

Whether you are running heavy in the middle of winter or have a light load on a breezy summer day, your drivers and vehicles are always on the go. Let us keep you moving with insurance expertise to protect your business and fast access to COIs and filings.

  • Categories: Transportation
  • Also Known As : Big Rig, Bob Tail, Cargo, 18 Wheeler, OTR
  • Tractors

    Whether you are an owner operator, private carrier or something in between we provide the coverages you need-from state and federal filings to trailer interchange. Our specialized heavy truck claims service and rental reimbursement with downtime will protect you from the unexpected.

    Pickup trucks

    We insure a wide variety of pickup trucks-from standard beds to heavy duty pickups with an industrial hitch. The ease of use of a pickup is perfect for on the go workers. They provide both passenger space and excellent hauling capabilities. We'll insure the cargo you're hauling too.

    Tow trucks

    These are also called flatbeds, car carriers or anything else used to tow a vehicle. Flatbeds and car carriers are very similar; however, car carriers have a hydraulic lift that tilts the bed down, whereas flatbeds stay stationary. Adding additional coverages like Garagekeeper's legal liability and on-hook provide coverage for the vehicles you are hauling.

    Box trucks

    Box trucks, also known as straight trucks, are most commonly used to haul furniture and appliances. Typically drivers do not need a commercial driver's license (CDL) to drive a box truck because they are used more for local routes and the light weight of the vehicle.

    Dump trucks

    We cover specialty trucking such as dump trucks for dirt, sand, and gravel hauling and stake body trucks for logging. Dump trucks are structured differently than most trucks. They can withstand off road and construction site use however if loaded incorrectly can become a safety hazard and tip over.

    Below are more common commercial trucks that Progressive Commercial currently insures:

    • Agricultural truck
    • Bucket truck
    • Car carrier or Rollback
    • Catering truck
    • Cement mixer
    • Delivery Van
    • Flatbed truck
    • Front Loader
    • Garbage truck
    • Ice cream truck
    • Pump truck
    • Refrigerated truck
    • Roll-on Vehicle
    • Stake body truck
    • Step Van
    • Street Sweeper
    • Tank truck
    • And Many More...

    You spend a lot of money on your trucking business, so you want to be sure it's protected. After all, your truck is your livelihood - that's why motor carrier insurance designed specifically for for-hire truckers is so important. Choosing the right motor carrier coverage is the best way to protect your investment and your business.